Here for a Good Time (Not a Long Time)

21 07 2011

Wow it’s been awhile!

What’s happened in the past two weeks? I don’t think there’s been a whole lot as sad as that is.

I got my iPhone and updated that day.. I’ll try to recap my life since then.

Besides a great night at the 20/20 with some awesome people I didn’t do much but work and sleep!

Before going to the 20/20

Jeff and I are notorious for getting home from work and debating whether or not we want to nap or actually do something with our lives. We usually opt for making supper and then watching House Hunters or Restaurant Makeover. Though we do enjoy running later in the evening when its cooled off or swimming!

Then last Thursday two friends from PEI came to visit us! Tom and Callen drove from Ch’Town to Freddy Thursday afternoon after getting half of that day and the following Friday off.
I had one of the best weekends so far this summer!

We went out to East Sides for supper Thursday evening thinking that we’d have some chow then go wander the mall until it was time to get in line for Harry Potter 7 part 2 (midnight 3D showing baby!). This seemed like a great plan, and we really didn’t want to wait in line forever so going to eat around 6 seemed like a good idea. We ate, the food was good, and made our way to the theatre expecting to have some time to kill… well we were pretty wrong.

The line was HUGE already. Apparently people had been in line since the mall opened.. waiting outside at 6 am… for a MIDNIGHT SHOWING. Seriously. I loves me some HP but lets be serious.
We hopped in line at 7:30 and decided that some of us should go get entertainment for the 4 hour wait we were about to enjoy. We (completely un-embarrassingly) returned to the line with a knock-off Jenga (Rainbow Jumbling Towers), a colouring book and crayons, blankets to sit on, and a deck of Disney Princess playing cards.

Princess Cards in line for HP7b

You don’t still colour?? weird…

It was around 11:00 when they started calling theaters in (there were 4 theaters full). After a bit if confusion about which theatre we were in, we went in and took our seats for HP!

I loved it.
I think there were a few aspects that could have been done better, but all in all a great way to end an epic series :).

After HP we slept a lot (much to Tom and Callen’s aggravation) but then decided we’d go play laser tag at kingswood. But when we got there, there was a camp there who had booked it for the next 1.5+ hours. So we left, made our way downtown to kill some time and ended up at the snooty fox for a late lunch.

Jeff and Callen napping

Snooty Fox (taken with Instagram)

We went back home and eventually started having some drinks before going out to Boom! We had a blast actually, despite a very scarily dressed male Misty (a la pokemon).

Tom and Callen left on Saturday so jeff and I performed our typical Sunday routine (laundry, dishes, cleaning, etc.) that afternoon which ended up making Sunday feel unexpectedly free and made for a very long and wonderful weekend!




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: